echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
1st - heal up.

2nd - this is always your answer. Road races: there aren't enough of them. The internet has told everyone that road races are safer. This has led to, in my direct experience, a huge increase of wrecks in road races. Crits have gotten markedly safer (less wrecks) as people have been leaving them and only coming out for the crash fests we now call road races. The root cause is always a course that is too easy. Every course I have ever been on that doesn't have elevation or tech that makes it hard on the racers has ended with a lot of wrecks. As we all know it allows riders who lose ability to think and handle their bikes when they are over the limit to be shot out the back long before it becomes critical.

The yellow line stuff - did you have a moto? If so the moto should be dressed down. IMHO you can't allow anything that even remotely resembles yellow line shenanigans in lower categories. I've been driving wheel trucks and watched good motos give 2 warnings and then neutralize the field as they lectured them.

Watching "Tommy Hothead" get pissed because he was dq'd on the results after he caused a wreck in the final sprint (sorry BTS) only to find he was already out because of yellow line stuff is one of the little bits of joy I still have in my life.
unfortunately, enforcement of that rule is not universal. Distinctly recall one road race in Maryland where people just completely disregarded it. Sure, the road was unmarked on the last significant hill of the course (prior to the finish), but the official gave a warning before the race. On the climb up the hill, people still veered halfway over the imaginary midline, including two podium finishers. Zero, zilch, nada came out of the violations.