Old 06-13-20, 11:34 PM
Kabuto

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Vinz1590
So even the latest Verge 451 line up has this issue? Bummer, I love the racing looks of the verge.
Not that I know of. As an owner of a Verge X11, I have been paying very close attention to this, and I have not seen any failures reported for a bike in the latest Verge 451 line up.

AFAIK all the newly reported frame failures after the recalls (which were before the 451 line up was released) have been on bikes with electric motors.

Edit: If you're based in Tokyo, you should get yourself to several shops and view these bikes in person. If the shop doesn't have any test bikes, they will still let you sit on the bikes to see how they feel. I found that both the Tyrell and Birdy folds, while reasonably compact, are quite messy (wheels aren't aligned and point off at an angle). Doesn't look like you can roll the bikes in the folded state. The Tern fold is bulkier, but its also designed so that the bike rolls easily in the folded state (with the handelbars up). So horses for courses. You have to figure out what works for you. Also, since you're in Japan, here's another suggestion for you. The Iruka bike, only available in Japan. https://www.iruka.tokyo/en/

Last edited by Kabuto; 06-14-20 at 06:00 AM.