Old 06-26-20, 11:26 AM
Metallifan33

Bikes: Trek Domane SL 5

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I use Vectors. My L/R balance changes dynamically with effort, fatigue, and moon phase.
Originally Posted by phrantic09
I have the Vector 3, got them factory refurbished through western bike and only paid something like $500 for a dual sided set. Same warranty as new and they have worked great so far.
Originally Posted by guadzilla
I used machine oil and that helped reduce the issues, but she still reported an occasional "low battery warning" that would then go away. In the end, it just wasnt worth the drama. But a couple of other friends - including one who rides 20k km a year - have not had issues either, so i suspect its a bit hit-or-miss. Glad to know yours are working well.

I got a single sided Stages PM - back when they first came out - to put on my rain bike, thinking i didnt really need an expensive power meter on a beater bike. The numbers were around 20% off. I sold it and got another Quarq.
I got the Vector 3s last month. Wanted the Assiomas, but they were sold out and a 60 day delay on their website (they are available now).
The V3's issues stemmed from the design of the battery door. They re-designed the door 2 times and I thought all the bugs may have been worked out. Apparently, in May of this year, they did another redesign, however they are back ordered on the new door.
I had power spikes and dropouts on mine. I removed the batteries that they came with and replaced them with the 1 battery type and that has helped some. It constantly reads higher than my Tacx Neo 2T (however that could mean that the Tacx is wrong or both are wrong)... I would however tend to believe the Tacx over the V3 based on my experiences with the V3. For example, the Tacx registered 597 kj of work on yesterday's ride vs. 672 kj on the V3.
Hopefully Garmin is able to restock the new doors soon and I'll be able to get them replaced. They call it the "Vector 3 Small Parts Kit"
Likes For Metallifan33: