Old 06-30-20, 09:35 PM
jcg878

Bikes: make me happy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain266
I haven’t ridden either bike and all I’ve ever ridden is my Jamis MTB. I just started riding it in March a tiny bit. Then in May I started a little more. Then June 1st I just got bit by the bug and now I’m riding 10 miles of road 4-5 of gravel in the woods and 10 miles home. I sit in more of a road bike position and really feel like I need the drop bars.
I’m watching a lot of YouTube videos and learning a lot. This is why I thought I’d ask the pros.
I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee and it’s a beautiful place to ride. I’ll post pics when I get enough posts.
I want to get an advanced bike that I’ll have for years.
I think you'll find enough of a difference in the feel of the bikes that you'll have a preference. You'll know what feels right.

You may want to go down a level from what you're looking to spend and see if a 105 level bike fits your needs as well. JMO, but I think it may be a bit of overkill for a first 'road-ish' bike. You might be better off saving some of the money that would go into the components and maybe consider a 2nd wheel set with road tires... or just get ready to go down the rabbit hole and purchase a road bike later

On the other hand, inventory at bike shops may push you one way or the other re: level of bike since there are shortages of stock.