View Single Post
Old 07-27-20, 03:13 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10424 Post(s)
Liked 11,896 Times in 6,094 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
Districts around here have started to release their plans, most are doing K-5 full time with 6+ going to school 1 day per week on a rotating 6 day schedule.

It’s idiotic and ass backwards in my opinion. The students least likely to keep their masks on and social distance are the ones they are bringing in full time. We take a lot of precautions to keep them safe (and us in turn) but I’m sure 50% of these kids don’t have parents as diligent as we are.
Based on recent, and of course still tentative info, older kids are more likely to transmit than younger kids. Age 9 and up, in one study, had adult levels of virus expelled (IIRC). So, it might actually make a certain kind of sense.

I do wonder if school closures and such will lead to a relaxation of the perceived need for parental supervision at all times that has arisen since I was young*. Daycare has largely vanished, and without school A LOT of parents are going to find holding two jobs impossible, even assuming both parents' jobs still exist.

*(I was a latch key kid before the term was even invented, with nobody but a slightly older sister for at least 2 hours every afternoon, and entire days through the summer.)

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles