Old 08-01-20, 09:17 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10955 Post(s)
Liked 7,485 Times in 4,187 Posts
Originally Posted by matheus.hro
Thanks for the input. Maybe you were looking at the MTB version of the hub. The road version does have 12x142 TA (unfortunatelyI cannot paste links here). What wheelset would you get for a similar price range?
It took some looking, but I found(I assume) the wheelset you refer to.
I admittedly don't know much at all about the brand or its products. $630 just seems like a lot for an aluminum rim that has comparable measurements to other quality rims, some butted spokes, and light hubs.

prowheelbuilder.com
- H plus son hydra rims, 28h hope rs4 hubs, sapim laser spokes laced 3 cross, sapim brass nipples. Handbuilt. $590 shipped free(discount applied) and 1606g listed weight.
- H plus son hydra rims, 28h bitex 106 hubs, sapim laser spokes laced 3 cross, sapim brass nipples. Handbuilt. $493 shipped free(discount applied) and 1593g listed weight.

Either of these are still overbuilt for you and both weigh less and cost less.
I like bitex hubs and have a similar build on my gravel bike(I have 32h and sapim race spokes instead), but recognize that they may be too inexpensive for some to consider them good enough, which is why I also listed the hope hubs.

I really have no idea about this spank brand, so take everything I've posted with a grain of salt. If they make wheels that are going to make you fly and work for decades, then buy em right away.