gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4682 Post(s)
Liked 5,802 Times in 2,286 Posts
Originally Posted by Banzai
The Ritchey Breakaway Cross came with a Ritchey Comp Carbon Fiber fork with an AL steerer. I don't know why they replaced such a nice fork with tank. If you want to stick with steel, I'd buy a Soma lugged CX fork. Much nicer.

I have that exact same bike, but mine has a Ritchey WCS Carbon fork with a CF steerer. It is my favorite bike in my stable. Not my favorite travel bike...my favorite bike, period.
Good info, make sense. And right now this is my favorite bike to ride!

Originally Posted by Banzai
Oops, I see you already have a fork.

By the way, the key to packing that bike is to pack the handlebars in a separate suitcase. If you do that, it's really easy. The hardest part is getting the handlebars and all the attached hardware in there.
More good info! It came to me with the handlebars packed in the case, I took pictures as I pulled it out, so I'm hoping it all goes back in. My multiple experiences with the Box o' Crap lead me to believe it may not be as easy as I think...

At any rate, next Saturday will be the first time on a plane in over a year, and the first time with this bike, so I'll know soon enough!