Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by jon c.
AFAIK, we don't have grocery delivery yet. I'd probably be a late adopter on that one as I'm used to wandering around the store figuring out what I want to eat. But we have started getting our cat food delivered. I hate going to the pet store for that. Only problem is with canned food and litter the boxes get pretty heavy and we feel guilty that the UPS driver has to lug them from the truck to the door. The upside with cat food delivery is that can sit on the stoop until you get home. With grocery delivery, you would need to arrange to be home when it arrived. (And unrelated bonus of having all the cats is we don't worry about recycling plastic grocery bags - they all get used as litter receptacles.)
Yeah, I got cat stuff delivered when I lived in Winnipeg and had 3 cats.

Our grocery services allows me to pick a 3-hour window on any day of the week, so I pick a time I'm pretty sure we'll be home, and I can also select the option that if we happen to be away, they can leave it on the doorstep. So if we happen to be running a few minutes late for some reason, that's OK.

I'm actually enjoying wandering around the website figuring out what I want to eat!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, we've got a good fruit and veg market close to where I work, and the little shop on the corner has a decent fresh fruit and veg section, so (as I mentioned somewhere on page 1), if we want fresh fruit and veg, those are the places to get that stuff ... mostly. I have ordered bags of carrots and potatoes for delivery and that's been fine. The most recent bag of potatoes is really good ... nice flavour to them.

Last edited by Machka; 09-05-18 at 06:27 AM.