View Single Post
Old 07-23-11, 09:24 PM
DrewShannon

Bikes: 2012 Mercier Kilo TT (black)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
They also have them in khaki, which I think could be cool.

Originally Posted by carleton
This is obviously the fatal flaw in all of this.

The target market (meaning: slim, 20-something, inner-city dwelling, cycling, males who would actually wear this) can/will not spend $78 on a pair of jeans. Some will, but most won't.

If they were $35 they would probably fly off the shelves and people would own multiple pair.

I wear Levis 501 (non shrink-to-fit) exclusively. I will never pay the $60 MSRP for a pair. I wait for sales when they are around $35. I own about 7 pair (not counting those that I've retired).

EDIT:

"A" for effort. I'm glad that there are new products for cyclists. Especially from non-cycling companies. If they can figure out a way to lower the cost they will sell better. But, all of the technology and materials probably prevent that from happening. Cool project, though. And yeah. Low-rise probably isn't the best idea.
I'm not sure I agree. I think a lot of those twentysomething males (including myself) will happily pay for higher-quality denim, and really, $78 for a pair of jeans isn't THAT much, especially if they last a long time. The designer denim craze of the past few years is a testament to that, I think.