View Single Post
Old 07-21-15, 11:52 AM
ColaJacket

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I was looking for an entry level bike, I road tested many brands (Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, Giant, Fuji). When I finished road testing there was a top tier of bikes that felt about the same to me as far as fit wend (Trek, Specialized, Fuji). Fuji offered the best quality for the price. So I ordered a Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014 for $800. Peformance treated me well, as I ordered and paid for the bike on a regular 10% points weekend, but since I picked it up on a 20% points weekend, they gave me the extra points. I joined their mailing list, and I got a coupon for 20% off up to $200 of accessories.

The key is to find a bike that fits you. Once you know which brand and frame fit you, then you can check pricing on the different group sets that each brand has for that frame, and compare pricing. So, if you find a bike that fits, but it doesn't have the component that you want, then ask the LBS if they can order that frame with the level of components that you want. That's what I did to get my bike.

Also, don't forget that Trek and Fuji make endurance and racing bike geometries at the entry level, and they'll feel a little different. So make sure to try both geometries with both brands to see which your really like best.

GH