View Single Post
Old 09-05-19, 09:15 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on the Varia yesterday. I have a friend who works at Garmin so he can get me the employee discount. Now that Wahoo has updated the firmware I can use it with my computer. I have several riding companions that have one and they all think its great. For the type of riding around here -- country roads, low traffic, but high speeds, it's perfect because it actually lets you know when there is traffic. For city riding, maybe not so useful.

I also own Cycliq cameras, front and rear. First generation so they're both pretty bulky. The front stopped working after about a year and I didn't even bother trying to contact Cycliq customer support since it was out of warranty and I haven't heard a single positive thing about their support. I don't know if the rear camera still works, I haven't even tried it in months. It was just too big and bulky and I got tired of messing around with it. The video quality was decent although *knock on wood* I never had to use it to prove anything. It's also of somewhat limited value in my state because we don't have front license plates here.

If cameras were smaller and less fussy and had better longevity I'd try them again. Not super impressed with Cycliq, though.
Likes For ksryder: