Old 02-02-20, 08:35 AM
Lindarets

Bikes: J.Guillem Atalaya Gravel, Orient All-Road, & Tomir mountain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tangerineowl
Looking at that a while back. Pretty good.

Personally though I'd prefer the bb drop to be a little lower; 75mm at least.

I do like the big 650b clearance though. Its not a typo? Like a ti Open Wide in that dept.
From the BB to about 6in down the chainstay is actually a single hollow-cast titanium piece that has the internal cable routing built in- it's the thing folks get most excited about when they see a bare frame in person.

Here in the desert where we run into a lot of sand and washboard but not a ton of mud I'm running 27.5x2.1in Vittoria Mezcals (53mm measured) on mine for rough days. 700s with 43mm tires will happily fit on a 1x, 38-40s with a front derailleur. Need to get my post count over ten to show a pic, but there's a recent photo on the Lindarets Instagram feed showing 2.2s which were a little tight and violate the 6mm all-around ISO clearance requirement.

Unless you get into Monstercross (29x2) territory, a 75mm drop might be too much- the 700x50 rated Evil only has an 80mm drop. it would make for a too-low BB on 30s and take away from the bike's versatility. As it stands now you can throw 28s or 30s on and join friends for a paved century without things getting weird.