View Single Post
Old 04-20-20, 03:29 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
Originally Posted by FstrMnky
Just a warning if you’re looking for Compass tires on eBay. Imagine if you bought from this seller & need to communicate with them - it would be a nightmare!
His listing title is “Compass tires, Barlow pass 700c x 38mm used”. Cool, I’ll bid on those ...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/compass-tir...4AAOSw9T1emlJX

Only see photos of one tire (I think) - hmm. Everybody’s human so maybe a typo, maybe selling a pair & accidentally only loaded photos of 1 tire? sent a message asking if the listing is selling 2 tires (1 pair) or, as his title seems to indicate, if he’s selling a single tire.

His reply is below. Wish I hadn’t asked. Surely I’m not the bad one here for asking?
“New message from: democra-1 (6)
one tire. did you see the price? did you see photos of multiple tires? what planet are you from? dont bid on this tire. buy a new one.”

I thought cycling made everyone happier!

End of PSA
Seller's description also mentions "tires" in the multiple. I would move on -- looks like the "38" on the sidewall is in sharpie, and seller only has 6 items for feedback.

Seller is sloppy with description, marks up the tire, and is a jerk. No thanks.
Likes For noobinsf: