Old 07-06-20, 07:14 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
Great day... overslept two hours, no bikey for me, I even cleaned it up and made it pretty yesterday all for nothing.
Similar. I don't set an alarm these days - I figure if I sleep too late to get in a ride, I probably needed the sleep more - and woke up about 45 min too late to squeeze in a quickie.

Originally Posted by bampilot06
what’s the purpose of this, to stick it to strava?
To piss off people that are legitimately at the top of the boards? Looks like he did this a few times in the fall, too, so it pre-dates any segment paywall angst. Regardless, it's a weird mindset, to me.

Originally Posted by datlas
Strava has jumped the shark IMO and although I still use it to track my miles and see what friends are doing, I have stopped looking at segments entirely.
I think that's long been the primary function for most, so I don't see any shark jumping. Obviously, serious cyclists are more interested in segments, leaderboards, improving vs themselves and vs others... but Strava has a lot of casuals. Do you think that you would have stopped looking at segments if they were still laid bare in front of you?