Old 05-21-18, 03:56 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4802 Post(s)
Liked 3,923 Times in 2,552 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Thank you, @T-Mar and @JohnDThompson. Those are answers to the original question.

The pedals were crappy. The brakes were crudely made but work just fine. I kept the front brake on my fixie conversion. I had a pair of the hubs long ago. They were not so well machined, but they worked fine. I'm still using the original headset and bottom bracket on my bike.

But I don't feel it's a totally crappy bike. You got your money's worth.

It's interesting but I guess not surprising that some find the frame to be whippy. I'm pretty lightweight and not terribly powerful, so I can't notice it.
I didn't. My '73 Lambert (lugged so it might have been made earlier) cost me thousands and years of my life. Fork broke and left me in a 5 day coma. It did provide me with a raceable bike and opened that door for me. (And racing ultimately saved my life. Only because I raced was I wearing the goofy original Bell Biker helmet and therefore, lived.

Ben
Likes For 79pmooney: