Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
After 10 weeks of telecommuting we're finally being called in. Most aren't happy about it, especially since we're having record cases and roughly 20% is over 60. However our managers never worked from home (pretty sure they don't think its a threat), and despite telling us we did a great job, they obviously missed their 'toys'. Considering our cubicle environment and how close everyone is there is a fair chance of an outbreak.

According to my wife (who is the COVID coordinator for 20+ manufacturing plants) management can be personally sued for any COVID related issues since they are going against State recommendations which are to telecommute if available.

I'm not as worried about it as I was in March, and people in much worse shape than me have to confront it daily (though I'm more concerned for my coworkers) so we are lucky to have a job where we can work from home. That being said, I still don't want to get it.
They're not forcing my work back to the office, but giving the option to most (forcing a few managers). The current phase here is still supposed to be "telecommute if possible" though, and it's clearly been possible, so the fact they're asking certain people to come in.

I won't be going in. But if I get my new job which doesn't have a local office I am thinking of leasing a small office. Because of the security of what I'll be doing a We Work type won't fly, but a single professional office with a door and keycard that is just mine should be ok. I'll be 1099 so I can deduct the expenses. I'm driving my wife crazy, she wants the house back so she can exercise, and school the kids, and sing and dance and do stuff she isn't comfortable doing with me around.

I'd work better like that anyway. At home I want to see the kids, see the wife, work on odd jobs.