Old 07-26-20, 10:47 PM
Enthalpic
Killing Rabbits

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Yeah for sure it's loud. It wasn't opening freely when we did manual control in the engineering mode, you could see it like buck out to the side a little bit and not full open. I vented the system by opening the analyzer chamber so I could physically pull it out, and there is a few mm of resistance at the end of the stroke, I think like a worn gasket or O-ring or something. For this reason the gas pressure is not enough to open/close it at the moment. Gas lines and fittings are fine. I've never taken apart a slide valve and I guess I could/should sincei t's old, but we're getting a FSE to come out and replace it anywho.

I tried to at least keep the system under vacuum by jamming it in there past that resistance and turning the pumps on. and it did stay on for a lot longer than we were used to. few hours vs a few minutes, but I guess it wasn't the best seal as the turbo eventuality shut itself off.
If you have access to Eng mode you could change that shutdown limit...

Less than ideal vacuum won't fry your EMT detector unless you run high voltages. A tiny bit of leak is a free collision cell against polyatomic interference. Kidding... sorta.

Last edited by Enthalpic; 07-26-20 at 10:50 PM.
Likes For Enthalpic: