View Single Post
Old 08-09-17, 05:17 PM
hyegeek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fantom1
Ladies and gentlemen, the next Tour de France Champion, you heard it here first. Actually probably just World Endurance Sports Champion in general.
Thanks for demonstrating the attitude I was referring to.

either that or you are riding really, really slowly.
I don't see where I claimed to be fast, just not needing to eat while doing long bike rides. I enjoy my rides and can go for long stretches any only hydrate.
Anyhow, anyone who has hunted vs. gathered can tell you what a total bunch of hooey the "we started out exclusively carnivorous" theory is anyhow. Its much, much, much more tiring and inefficient to hunt than to gather fruits, nuts and grains. Our bodies didn't start off any way or evolve any way except omnivorous. Not only that, but there is no evidence of it. Zero. Somebody made it up to sell books and products and for some reason people believed it.
Your assumption for why I'm in ketosis, while useful to your points, is completely wrong. Frankly, if my body could handle carbs, I would be eating carbs. Since I'm diabetic and want to stay off meds and insulin, the high fat ketosis diet is what I'm doing. The fact that it allows longer bike rides without needing to eat is just an added bonus, not the reason I do it.
Likes For hyegeek: