View Single Post
Old 01-22-20, 09:34 AM
Syscrush

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
X-rays and ultrasounds indicated that I should not require surgery, but I'm having a consult next week anyhow. Physiotherapist gave me a list of stretches and exercises to do and said that from what she observed I should be OK in 8 weeks or so. To me, it seems a bit too much like home remedies for colds that have you feeling better in a week or two. If the story is that careful stretching and easy use is good for it, then just using some thought and care in my day-to-day routine should be fine rehab, IMO. I'll go back in a week or two and see what she says then.

I've found that Robax with ASA is much more effective than ibuprofen or acetaminophen for making me functional. It's also harder on my digestion and problematic for my BP, so I'm being very sparing in its use.

We had a warm spell last week and I got back on my commuter bike for a few days. I had pain hustling the kids on and off, as well as just riding, but I think the overall effect was therapeutic. I felt better in the days after. Then my new pedals came and I scored some shoes & a computer a few hours before a big snowstorm. I keep an eye on the 10 day forecast hoping for a window when I'll have time and cooperative weather at the same time so I can get out for a ride and see some numbers.

In the meantime, there's not much to do but be disciplined about diet and try to help my power-to-weight ratio from the weight side...