View Single Post
Old 05-05-20, 07:51 AM
Brett A
Word.

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, Orbea Oiz XCountry Bike, Specialized Roubaix, Borealis Echo Fat Bike for Winter, many others out in the barn.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 51 Posts
The temp was about as warm as it gets this time of year; low 50's which is nice because you don't need more than two light layers. I didn't stop in any towns. I just fueled with the cliff bars and nuts I brought from home. I carry a Steri-Pen and refill my two, one-liter Smart Water bottles from natural sources.

The overall speed average was low because about 30% of it was on soft terrain. Not to mention the 5k feet of climbing which is unavoidable if you want to do a loop ride of this distance in New England.

So, I headed south from Orange, Massachusetts, past the Leverett Co-op, down to Montague. Up through Miller's Falls, Northfield, MA, into Richmaond, NH. Then on the old railroad bed up to Keene. Climbed over Chesterfield into Brattleboro, VT then back to Northfield, over the mountain (at least when we call mountains around here) into Warwick then home via Wendell Depot.

The Ashuelot covered bridge which crosses the Ashuelot river, Richmond, NH. (It's pronounced Ash-wee-let, BTW)

Brattleboro, VT was pretty quiet on a Wednesday afternoon. This was also the first sign of leaves in the trees I've seen this year.

This tree has hundreds of Corona beer caps nailed to it. It's on an old cart road somewhere in the woods along the VT/MA boarder, around Bernardston.

Likes For Brett A: