View Single Post
Old 05-23-20, 02:56 PM
GadgetGirlIL

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Vortex, 2017 All-City Mr. Pink, ~1997 Trek Multitrack 700

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 40 Posts
My first attempt at a century for May came up short by 6 miles. I was about 15 miles from home and just ran out of steam. I had no desire to ride another couple of loops in the neighborhood to get to 100 miles. I just wanted to be done. I had noticed that my knees were aching for about the last 20 miles which seemed odd. It wasn't until a couple of days later when I got back on that particular bike that I realized my seat post had slid down a couple of inches. No wonder my knees were hurting and everything felt hard.

Yesterday was great weather and I used my last day of paid time off for the academic year to get out and try for 100 miles. Much better experience! It was in the 60s with light winds. It was overcast the first 30 miles and then it got sunny. Then overcast again and then sunny. Just delightful to be outside!

100.5 miles done. No pictures. It was just a tour of suburbia. I did notice that a lot of people were having their roofs replaced. Also plenty of driveways either being seal coated or completely replaced too. And many people were outside doing yard work.
Likes For GadgetGirlIL: