View Single Post
Old 06-14-20, 02:50 PM
GadgetGirlIL

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Vortex, 2017 All-City Mr. Pink, ~1997 Trek Multitrack 700

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 40 Posts
A few friends of mine invited me to join them on a 125 mile (200K) bike ride yesterday. I haven't seen any of them last year so I decided to go. Social distancing wasn't a problem since I'm slower than they are. They were kind enough to wait for me at various intersections to catch up, especially in the numerous sections on the second half where we were riding into strong headwinds in flat farm country.

The weather was perfect (other than the wind). Temps were in the upper 50s at the start and got to the upper 60s in the afternoon. Sunny the whole day. The one rider really did a nice job putting together this route. He used the Strava heat maps to pick some of the better roads in the area. I had no complaints at all about the route. We had opportunities to secure fuel and bathrooms about every 20-25 miles.

The countryside was so green and there were plenty of farm animals to be seen: horses, sheep, goats, cattle, etc.

I'm the one in the orange vest with the pasty white legs. I think this is the third ride this year where I didn't need tights.

Likes For GadgetGirlIL: