View Single Post
Old 08-15-20, 03:55 PM
GadgetGirlIL

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Vortex, 2017 All-City Mr. Pink, ~1997 Trek Multitrack 700

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 40 Posts
It has been a hot summer here in the Chicago area. We are well above average in the number of days with highs in the 90's. I failed to make the 100 mile mark in July with my longest ride being ~94 miles on the Tunnel Hill trail in southern Illinois. It got well into the 90s that day. I could have ridden 3 miles beyond my car on the trail and then turned around but by the time I saw my car, I was done.

I did get 100.3 miles in last weekend. I was up in the Kewaunee area of Wisconsin finishing up the last 2 segments of the Ice Age Trail in that area. I've now hiked all trail and road segments from Devil's Lake on the west through the eastern terminus in Potawotomi State Park.

This was the heavy bike's first century as that is the bike I use for my bike shuttles for my point to point hikes. I got drenched on my hike of the Sturgeon Bay segment on Saturday and just dodged the worst of a pop up storm during Sunday's century.

The blue dot is me. The red area is where I rode through a hour before when there was no indication of a storm.

Waiting out the downpour on Saturday's hike. The heavy bike got soaked. Not its first rainstorm. It didn't melt, nor did I.

The green line is the portion of the Ice Age Trail completed to date, ~484 miles out of ~1,200 miles.
Likes For GadgetGirlIL: