View Single Post
Old 01-19-21, 02:29 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked 735 Times in 452 Posts
Value is defined by marketing skills, the bicycle itself, its condition, its size and, believe it or not, its location. In this case we have a relatively unknown brand, in poor cosmetic condition. It may or may not be in sound mechanical condition. It will need lubrication, tires, probably brake pads and such. If you can do the work yourself, figure on a hundred dollars for a basic rebuilt. If you have to have the work done by someone else, add at least another hundred dollars.

Personally, were the bike offered to me, I would go $50 to $100 and no more. I determine value by doing this for a long long time and after finding, building, riding and parting with hundreds of vintage road bicycles. I also go to completed auctions on Ebay to see what bikes are/have sold for. In this case, you might not find many bikes to compare due to the obscure nature of the make.

So, best of luck with the bike and one more thing - are vintage road bikes popular in Alaska? My guess would be not so much - another value impactor.