Old 11-24-08, 03:57 PM
SweetLou

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cuda2k
When replying to a "What is this X worth" thread:

1) Please give the member the benefit of the doubt that they have tried to get some idea of the value from other sources before posting here. Instead of the default "$3.50 or what the market allow" line, give them an idea of what you would be willing to spend on the frame, or describe the relative quality of the frame. ie: super rare Italian, quality road racing frame, entry level bike-boom boat anchor, etc.

3) The more responses and opinions on value the better. If another member has posted a value that you agree, or disagree with, say it! The more data-points that someone can get on the value of a bike the better judgement they can make. We are here to help, and it doesn't take that long to say "yeah, $X sounds about right" or "It may go for $X where member Y is, but around here you'd be paying more like $Z."
Well, with guideline #3, you want us to respond, but then in guideline #1 you say to give them an idea of what you would be willing to spend. Well, that means a lot of $0 responses from me.

I am not a flipper nor do I want to be one. I only would pay for a frame/bike that would fit me and one that I would want. I would not pay $10 for a Varsity. I don't want one, it is not worth $10 to me. A Miyata 1000 that is not in my size is also not worth $10 to me. But, since you want me to respond, I will post a lot of "Not worth a dime" posts.