Old 02-06-19, 05:29 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2364 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 1,192 Posts
Originally Posted by robertorolfo
I know cops can seemingly be illogical at times, but I really don't see why they would blow this off. They have a make and model, so it shouldn't be too difficult to look up local registrations and check them out. It's not guaranteed to work, but they should definitely try.
Alas, a lot of local police agencies blow off anything that happens on the road as a "traffic incident". Even when there's criminal negligence, or possibly even intent, what would be considered a crime when done with a basebal bat or a gun magically becomes an "infraction" when done with a motor vehicle. Obviously a culture that has to change, but LEOs sometimes need to be reminded that injuring someone in a crash, then leaving the scene, is indeed a crime.

Sounds like the on-base cops are up for a CSI-esque challenge in this case, however.

I'm also considering a camera with all of the dumb stuff I regularly encounter.
It was either another thread here in Commuting, or over in the Winter section, someone posted an Amazon link to a $50-ish GoPro knock-off. Probably pretty low quality, but at least no worries about losing or ruining a $$$'y camera.