Old 02-16-19, 01:58 PM
Bryan C. 
nothing to see here

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
I was recently gravel bike shopping and wound up with a Diverge with a Sram Force 1x set up. I already own a Specialized Roubaix so the fit and feel of the diverge was very familiar. It is touted as a more all-around bike that is road friendly. The Diverge Sport with the 105 is certainly a nice bike.

My other choices were: Ibiss Hakka, very nice bike but the sizing was a bit off, 58 too big, 55 too small. Giant Revolt 0, wanted a 1x but it does have Ultegra and carbon wheels. This was hands down the best value but honestly I didn't like the flat black color and it felt a bit more racy than I like. The Trek was off the table due to the bb90 and funky seat post. Salsa Warbird is a gravel race bike and wasn't very comfortable for me. To be honest all the bikes I rode were amazing and worthy of consideration, but as with anything what works for you is more important than what works for me.

I spent a bit more than I originally planned just because I knew where I was going to end up. Piecing together a bike is sometimes more expensive than getting it all at once.

If you can find a few more bucks and it fits you, the Giant Revolt 0 is a great choice and value.