Old 04-17-19, 01:39 PM
socaltrailrider

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7, Niner RLT9 RDO, Ibis Rimpo & Ripley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Vintage Bianchi Identification

So, I have the bug to add a L'Eroica bike to the garage. When I started riding back in the 80's I really wanted a Celeste Bianchi Nuovo Racing. But since I was just a high school student, all I could afford was a Schwinn. I came across a vintage Bianchi locally that is in my size but I am trying to figure out the year and model. The seller thinks it's a 1986 but does not know the model. There are no decals on the top tube. I was hoping to post a picture but I can't since I don't have 10 posts. Long time lurker here. I'll try to fix that shortly. This what I can describe. Any input would be great. From what I have researched, the possible options could be a Vittoria, Giro, Nuovo Alloro or a Rekord 920. I haven't come across the Formula One sticker on many bikes though. I do have pics that I can e-mail. Thanks, in advance.
  • Celeste Paint with Blue Bianchi decals with the two lines following "Bianchi" One is straight, the other is like an L rotated 90 degrees clock wise. From what I've read on here, I believe that style started in 1986 or '87
  • Blue bar tape(may or may not be original)
  • Campagnolo Victory group set
  • Formula One tube sticker
  • Bianchi engraved at the top of the seat stay(blue)
  • Bianchi engraved fork crown badge(black)
  • Gipiemme drop outs
  • "Forderi Forcella Bianchi Formula Columbus" red lettering sticker on the fork legs
  • Mavic MA40 rims

Last edited by socaltrailrider; 04-17-19 at 01:49 PM.