View Single Post
Old 05-24-16, 09:26 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by valygrl
Lately I've been asking for and getting feedback about what I did in a race - there were a couple of things that happened in my races this weekend, where i was able to tell my coach, "ABC happened, and I did XYZ, was that right or should I have done something else" - and gotten useful feedback - in both directions. Sometimes you make the right decision in the moment, and sometimes you don't, but I think thinking and talking about it later can help you race better next time.
I always do this actually, its part of my process. I sit down after the TT and look and my data and try to figure out exactly where I could have done it better. This goes into my notes attached to my data file and then I ask for (and get) coach's feedback on the race and my thoughts on it.

But what I am getting at is the things that are hard for someone to tell you exactly how to do or things that you don't really realize until you do it- for example, learning this weekend that wind is not wind, there is canyon unpredictable wind and steady desert wind. Steady wind being easier to deal with would maybe mean to me that I'd be more aggressive in wheel choice for desert wind that canyon wind. Never really thought about it before, the nature of wind besides wind speed. But having experienced it, I can appreciate the difference now.