View Single Post
Old 09-17-20, 08:41 AM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
Bike saddle issues.

Have been chasing a new saddle now for a while for my Topstone. The stock Fabric, the Selle Italia SLR, another seat I grabbed from a garage sale, would work for me out to about 20 miles then get very uncomfortable or just downright painful. Gave up on my cardboard sit bone measurement and went to my bike store. Found out that I have W-I-D-E sit bones and the ony seat in stock was a Specialized Romin Evo. It is the 168 mm size and it feels very good right out of the box. It has no padding to speak of so it does get painful, even with bibs, at about the 25 mile mark and now I am looking for that saddle, size and shape, with some additional padding. Anyone know of such a beast I would be very grateful if you could point me in that direction. From what I have found the Ergon line has saddles in this range but from responses I have gotten on the forum there is very little positive.
Thanks in advance, Frank.