View Single Post
Old 03-12-19, 05:12 PM
Patriot1

Bikes: (2) 2019 Specialized Roll Sports, 1992 Merlin Road Ti, 1986 Schwinn Peloton, 2 Trek 920’s,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GeorgeMD
Very nice, that one seriously got my eye, If I find myself getting a second roll (Im thinking its a good platform for a bafang electric build) I might go with one of these matte cammo colors.
I ended up just ordered the Comp, my dealer found me a 2018 Elite for 650$ (760$ as it's pre-tarrif model, and my dealer somehow got me 100 off more), but I decided the Comp because I
REALLY want matte paint (18' elite is glossy black), and I also bought (what will be my primary machine) the Sirrus Carbon Comp X and that is a 1x11, so why not match.
Plus this bike is so versatile, especially for Baltimore City I will have no issue selling it for close to what I paid.

I wanted to let people know you can still get 2018 models that are pre August 18' tarrif/tax. Dont assume just because your dealer doesnt have an 18' on the floor he can't get one.
The 19' elite is now 900$, same price as the Comp.
I am buying this bike blind, we only have TWO specialized dealers in Baltimore (crazy right, plenty of LBS, but they are all Trek)

Also, as I don't see a dedicated thread to Roll Owners, is this is it? Does anyone want to volunteer making one?
I take delivery of mine Friday, I will def have opinions after a 10 mile test on the hills of my city. I also am curious for mods to try and lighten the bike as well as going tubeless, and if that needs new wheels from say Easton Corp, which ones. hehe.
Love new bike day!
I am considering having both our new Rolls converted to Shimano Hydro brakes. My local dealer said it’s a pretty straight forward removal of the low end Promax mechanical brakes and install the Shimano Hydros. I was wondering if any Roll owners have done this brake conversion?

Last edited by Patriot1; 03-13-19 at 05:31 AM.