Old 07-06-19, 02:03 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Today I rode a 28 miler on my Basso, but Tomorrow Im doing this on my Moser. Last month there were about 25 to 30 riders on various 60's thru 80's bikes

Velo-Retro: Rose Bowl Ride

The ride starts at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California the first Sunday of every month. We meet at the pool/picnic area (Aquatic Center) parking lot at the southern-most end of Brookside Park at 10:30 am to introduce ourselves, talk vintage bikes and swap parts. The ride starts at 11:00 am.

The ride is a casual-paced 25 miles long through Pasadena, South Pasadena, San Marino, Temple City, Arcadia, Sierra Madre (stop at Bean Town for ice cream, coffee or lunch), Altadena, and back to the Rose Bowl for more vintage bike talk. The ride is mostly flat with one moderate climb (fixed gears are fine in other words). The ride has been going on for the past fifteen years, rain or shine, whether anyone shows up or not (usually there are between three and twenty five riders). Everyone is encouraged to bring and ride a 1985 or earlier bicycle, but feel free to ride anything you have