LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11403 Post(s)
Liked 4,761 Times in 2,770 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
We are just back from a trip to Kings Canyon and Sequoia NPs. Saw some very handsome trees, a bear, a few deer and, at our AirBnB daily visits from a flock of wild turkey, many rabbits and some guinea fowl. The girl dogs could see the critters out the glass front door. Bonkers.

We couldn’t take the dogs to the NPs but there’s a lot of adjacent National Forest, so we did NP stuff super early (when it was cool and they could snooze in their crates in the car). Then we’d have a picnic lunch and afternoon activity in the National Forest, where the dogs could join in. Took them hiking and “swimming” in the lake, etc. “Swimming” because they think water is dangerous and it takes all their bravery for their feet to leave the lakeshore, dog PDFs notwithstanding.

Yesterday we took them on an epic (for dachshunds) five mile hike up to an alpine meadow at 9000ft- Rowell Meadow. They did great and had a very fine time- digging for burrowing things, mucking about in mountain streams, chasing butterflies in the meadow.

Now I want to buy 40 acres of land in the Sierra foothills. Seriously.

PS Bike content: I rode one day in Kings Canyon. There was almost zip traffic, and the scenery was epic. But still- no shoulders, narrow road, I didn’t love it. In retrospect could have ridden some forest roads but I didn’t have the lay of the land enough to know. Had a fine time anyway.

What is new round here?
Looks like a blast, and it's even better that the pups had fun!

When the dogs are happy, everyone's happy......
Likes For LAJ: