Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1336 Post(s)
Liked 765 Times in 432 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeuloa
Thanks for your response TejanoTrackie!

Actually I recently received the 42cm, and for full disclosure it’s my first road/track bike.

I’m 5’3.5” with about a 75 inseam and I’m not sure if it’s a bit too small and puts me in a too aggressive position, even with the stem flipped up there is about 5cm from top of saddle to top of bars. Is this normal distance and I just need to adjust my position?

Regarding the 530mm TT of the 49cm, even though the its longer than the 500 on the 42cm it has a shorter reach of 375mm (vs the 42s 380mm). How would this shorter distance actually translate to real reach once in the bike?

Did you continue using 23cm tires or did you size up?

Sorry for the attack of questions but just want to make sure I can eventually ride this thing comfortably on longer rides.... Thanks!!!
What length stem do you have ? You might need a longer stem, which will also raise the bars if you flip it up. Can you raise the stem on your fork any further, or are you already at the top of the steerer tube ? The reach measurement has no effect on your arm reach to the bars. I'm still using 23mm tires, mainly because it is nearly impossible to find larger 650c compatible tires.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me