Old 06-06-11, 03:36 PM
vXhanz
I'm Rad.

Bikes: 2008 Allez (Sold), 2009 Surly LHT (Sold), 2014 Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by engstrom
Excellent write-up. And to think, just this morning I was looking for a new way to get really cold, really wet, really sore, really tired and then to top it off almost lose a finger...now I know what to do.
Yes, now you know what to do! My father gave me that hatchet... which is the very hatchet he cut his friends finger off with when he was in high school. Needless to say I have an emotional (and now physical) attachment to it. As Bau mentioned already, I sharpened that thing the night before and had fun cutting pieces of paper and fabric labels off my equipment.

The camping gear list is pretty near identical to what we both used, minus the branding, etc. The stove is the "Coleman Exponent Feather 442 Duel Fuel stove", will run on their camp fuel as well as unleaded gas in a pinch. We had enough fuel for our evening of making meals, as well as our breakfasts at different times and I estimate there is still at least half a container of fuel left in the unit.

The cook pots Bau picked up were VERY handy, and fit the stove well. I forget the model, though they are made by Coleman and were found at Wal-Mart. There is also a pretty cheap enamelware set at Wal-Mart made by Coleman that is $20 (in store, NOT online price) and has service for 4 people. I just snuck a few pieces out from the family set and brought that along with us.

I have some more pictures, and can post those if I get them transfered to my email account from the phone

V