Old 07-04-13, 06:29 AM
Pedalocity

Bikes: 2014 Giant Defy Advanced SL 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by adrien
The saddle definitely is at an extreme -- making the bike almost one of those laid-back models.

To the OP -- do you have knee issues?

Usually fitters look for something close to KOPS (Knee over pedal spindle) to check fit. In this case you're significantly off from that.

Shots of the saddle mounted without the bag, or better yet of you on the bike, would help. That's if you want input. But given how new the bike is and a saddle height that is reasonable, it might be worth asking about a trade up in size so the fit is less extreme.
I was measured for KOPS at the fitting, but now I'm thinking I may not have been sitting far enough back on the seat when it was checked, so I'm going to double check today. I may end up moving the seat forward a touch and see how that treats me, but I think part of why it looks so extreme is that this saddle has really long rails that have a much longer straight section than most saddles I've seen.

Honestly, if the most likely point of failure is the rails bending then I'm not too concerned, but I am, frankly a little concerned at the possibility of a catastrophic failure of the seatpost.