Old 07-06-13, 08:52 AM
Pedalocity

Bikes: 2014 Giant Defy Advanced SL 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Six jours
This one's chock full of lessons about the bike fit "gurus" and our attitudes toward them. Whoever wrote "if the fitter isn't concerned, then I guess it isn't an issue. He's paid to know this stuff and is the expert" has hopefully had a light turned on...
In all fairness, it wasn't necessarily the fitter's fault. Given my clyde proportions, he would not have been able to visually see the seat under my seat, so unless he's psychic he couldn't have visually known I was sitting a little too far forward on the seat compared to how I actually ride. Hell *I* didn't realize I'd been sitting too far forward on the seat until I was riding and noticed that as I rode I actually was sitting further forward than I do just putzing around at very low speeds.

The bottom line is, with his help I find the bike miles more comfortable to ride than I did guesstimating on my own or with the extremely lackadaisical fitting help I was receiving at the LBS I bought the bike from.

As it turns out, I am going to have to return this saddle though, it works really well on my seat bones but it is putting more pressure than I am comfortable with on my perineum and I really need a saddle with a cutout.