View Single Post
Old 06-10-19, 03:27 PM
csrpenfab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by CarloM
Apologies for this post, but you all have quickly become my support group since my purchase.

My FX S6 has been delayed until the week of the 19th...my LBS said they hope to receive and assemble it on the 21st. It's been 3 weeks and was hoping to have it this weekend, but alas...

At least on that day (assuming it arrives per the new ETA) I have no work meetings so I've tentatively taken the day off to go to the LBS to watch them put it together. The manager there has been super helpful and friendly (Trek's stock issues aren't his fault) and he is supportive of me being there to learn the ins-and-outs of the bike and welcomes me asking questions as they put it together. I told him I'm one of those guys who likes to know how things work (I also play guitar and work on both my instrument and my amps) so I can do light repair/mods if I have to.

As the song goes, waiting is indeed the hardest part
It will be worth the wait! Very cool that they'll let you supervise the assembly! I guess I was lucky when I got my FXS6. My store didn't have one in stock, but the main Trek warehouse in Ontario CA (about 5 minutes away) had 19 available. They had it to the store and assembled two days later. 3,000 miles and counting and I still love this bike! I highly recommend going tubeless after you burn through the stock tubed tires. Best upgrade I've done to this bike.
Likes For csrpenfab: