View Single Post
Old 01-28-20, 11:13 AM
billyO13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDudeIsHere
If a cyclist passes you and scares you then there is somebody around and you aren't paying proper attention as far as letting your dogs roam side to side.
However, the general rules of a cycling trail/MUP is that no one should impede the flow of traffic. You are allowing your dogs to do just that, you are in the wrong.
I don't know why you think I have multiple dogs, or that I was impeding traffic. There was plenty of room to pass on the left, and if I know that there are folks coming up behind me, then I make even more. And in interest of 100% honesty, I try to maximize the room that others have to pass because I'm more concerned about the health and safety of my 15 y/o dog than I am with others.

Also, Dude, while I understand your anecdote (and agree with you), that has nothing to do with my original post/complaint that and I'll say it one last time, WHEN PASSING SOMEONE ON A MULTI-USE PATH, LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE COMING UP BEHIND THEM SO THAT EVERYONE HAS ALL THE INFORMATION NEEDED TO MAKE SAFE DECISIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MAXIMIZE SAFETY FOR ALL PARTIES!

I will now ask Moderators to close this thread as it is getting off topic and I believe my point has been made as best as I can.
Thank you

as always
peace and love
billyO