View Single Post
Old 01-06-21, 11:00 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,026 Times in 723 Posts
Better tires but I wouldn't bother till the current ones need it since they're still a good quality. Wheels would be easy to get much better, just add a one before your desired price range. For 1500 range you can get better hubs, lighter rims and have a nicer wheelset, but you'll struggle to find a wheelset below the 1200 msrp range that isn't only a marginal improvement. As to esthetics, if its that dark red/burgundy color perhaps some orange to brighten things up. My wife's cross bike is a similar looking color though with more of a neon red/orange decaling. So her bike has gotten orange king hubs, bottle cage, pedals, and housing. I'd like to upgrade her to hydraulic brakes and toss a pair of hope calipers on there but can't find a good price on a set of shifters. Tape I went with red Zipp cx tape. Gives the bike a fun color blend that people notice.