Bicikli Huszár

Bikes: '95 Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital_Cowboy
SB,

If one is driving their car up a hill that they know has limited sight distances then it is up to them to drive slowly enough so that if anything does "just appear" in the road in front of them that they have plenty of time to stop.
Absolutely, and I don't disagree that responsibility exists. But hagen's point seems to be that in the real world, not everyone follows their responsibilities, and it may not be prudent to plan around them doing so. Basically, that you want to plan around what motorists probably will, or at least might unfortunately do. Like how we plan around the inevitable silly things drivers pull (we all know that feeling you get when you just know that JAM is about to do something dumb ); for practical purposes, it may be wise to plan around the jerk being a jerk.
And so far I haven't had so much as a close call with any motorist on these roads.
Most people have some modicum of control of their vehicle; combined with needing the situation to coincidentally arise that they happened to reach you at the poorest point of the crest, I wouldn't expect it to be a common occurrence. But it could happen, and he makes a valid point about it being a concern.

It might have something to do with the FIVE taillights all blinking and/or the reflective vest that I wear. But so far I have not had a close call on those roads.
That always helps!