Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I had a professional bike fit on this bike and I'm pretty sure it's right on. For the first time in my life on a bike, I don't hurt anywhere.....except in this one place. And the problem only started recently and I've been riding this bike with the same fit since last year. It might go away, it's bothered me in the past (not cycling). From what I remember of the xrays and explanation, it's right on the very outside edge so I feel it when I go hiking, for example, if I step on a rock midfoot. It's not too much pressure on the forefoot in general, it's that I supinate and rotate at the ankle toward the outside. I do it when walking as well, but my insole manages to cushion sufficiently. I'm thinking now it's something I can train myself not to do if I really concentrate on how I pedal on that side; like it's a bad habit since I don't roll that much on the other side. Ideally *I need something temporary that will make me keep my foot-to-ankle straight instead of caved in.*
Not to keep hammering on it or anything, but . . .How about clipless and wedges to cant your foot? Very easily done. If you want to keep your feet pointed in a particular direction, then cleats with no float and adjust to suit.