Old 10-16-18, 12:55 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
While talking about doping though it's always fun to hear the other side too - if you're racing domestic pro/elite then you know of or have heard of Brandon Feehery. I got to watch him grow up racing around here and still spent way too much time with the whole Feehery family (whom I love deeply so that's tongue in cheek). His mother is on the board with me and went with me to Colorado. She was like, "Do you know how many times Brandon has been tested? It's ridiculous. You can't complain because then you look like you're hiding something, but it's such a colossal waste of money."

The results we know of have pretty much validated that. The concern isn't really with the domestic pros (although there are plenty who do dope), but with the masters. They have the need, desire, and the money to make it happen.

On the pro bit I have never known a pro who didn't already know who was and who wasn't doping. Still shocked about the day I sat at a UCI race talking to a friend who ended up winning that day (TT) as he watched the rest of the racers finish up. "He's doping....He is too.....He's clean....Oh he just smokes weed so I'm fine with that. He's clean.....He's clean too......that guy is a joke - soooo dirty".