Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
paging @Doge

I was paged...

When someone with both X and Y chromosomes can win women's worlds not cheating, then "cheating" is less of an issue to me than fairness (https://finance.yahoo.com/news/not-f...075054632.html ). We have TUEs, junior gears covered in pages of posts elsewhere (and locked threads) that deal with fairness. As cheating and not fairness was in the OP....

IMO: Most cheating in amateurs (this thread topic) comes in the restricted classes - women and masters. I am aware of several, and only in those groups.

There is little cheating in the open elite amateurs. And very little, on those thinking of moving to pro, although some juniors in Europe have been busted (parents fault).

The reason is not being a pro is a choice for many peak age males, and not being pro almost by definition put them out of the top 20%, and if they chose not to be pro, there is little reason to cheat. While masters and women in the top % of their class, while not pros, have that similar focus to pros. My guess on the physiology of it, is they are trying to be the best in their restricted class. Peak age males who are not pros are doing it for fun, and before cheating, they would choose to just go pro. Then they might cheat, but that is off topic for this thread.