Old 07-08-19, 11:15 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
I see NiteRider has a new dual-LED model, the Lumina Dual 1800. I may get that instead. I've been pretty satisfied with my Lumina Micro 850. The mount and USB port cover are better than the Light & Motion Urban series. The NiteRider can be used while charging from a USB batery. Early reviews are good, and NiteRider has a good reputation for customer support.

The only weakness with my Lumina Micro 850 was one I already expected: short battery life. It's the small (hence "Micro") model, with a bright maximum output. It's really more of a commuter or errand light, smaller and very bright. But the maximum output is good for only a few minutes and it quickly decreases in brightness over the next hour, finally ending up around 200 lumens after about 90 minutes. It works best at medium output where the brightness is a bit more stable and it lasts longer. I suspect the 850 lumens is a sort of turbo boost mode.

But the larger NiteRiders appear to have good runtime per charge, according to the "We Test Lights" site operated by rival Light & Motion.