View Single Post
Old 07-10-19, 02:24 PM
BKE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Dominae
Are you serious with this? Yeah it would really be a shame if doping were no longer a part of cycling. I would surely look back longingly on the good old days of cyclists dying from drugs and making a mockery of the record books.

Ok, I got your sarcasm so, serious question, who died? When and from what? (FTR- I'm a Lance fan, have watched TDF since 7-11 Team, watched "Landis" (BTY, whether right or wrong it was great sitting on the couch with friends drinking beer and screaming) and "Lance" but just in past 2-3 years really understand the team tactics). With that said I don't feel bad because 'BobKe' admitted he didn't either until he starting commentating with Phil and Paul. His words were along the lines of "I was just an animal and wanted to destroy everyone". LOL

I ask because after seeing "BobKes'" interview (which I enjoyed, I'm a fan) after the other days stage I wondered what would he have to say about doping in the field in his day if asked. He was there with 7-11 and then Motorola thru, what, "85-91"? Lance came on scene "93-95" right? Then cancer, then back for the Grand Finale "98-2005" ?? So, who might be able to answer the question, when did it start??

I'm not one of the old soldiers here so am not sure if I should have started another tread or even if it fits in this one. If not, move at your discretion.