View Single Post
Old 12-26-19, 11:36 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,932 Times in 2,557 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
You probably did something to your knee and didn't notice it. The bike noticed it. Try stretching. Can you put your fingertips under your toes while wearing shoes? I can get 2 knuckles under and I'm 74. I do a somewhat elaborate stretching routine almost every morning, takes about 15 minutes.

Other than that, temporarily lower your saddle about 1/2 cm. or even a full cm., but no more.
Advising someone over the internet that you have never met or seen to to your specific stretch is asking them to perhaps do permanent injury to themselves if they follow your advice. We differ a lot on flexibility. Growing up, I watched my sister to ballet positions that would have me in the ER getting untangled (when I was her age and if I did the same training she did). The best I have ever done with your test is first knuckle on the floor barefoot.

I now do stretches of my Achilles and hams each morning as I grind my coffee to near espresso with a small hand grinder. Yes, I consider the stretches that important, but not the "number" I can get to.

Ben