Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
Actually, when I started this thread a few years ago, I didn't intend for it to be about roads with little or no motor traffic. I wanted to hear about streets and roads that people enjoy riding on, without regard for how many cars also like to travel on it.

Some of my favorite bike roads have lots of cars and trucks, but something makes them nice for cycling anyways. Maybe they have a nice bike lane, or a paved shoulder, or wide sharrows, or they're just scenic and shady on a hot day.

I loved a major street with two narrow lanes going both ways. I could easily use the right lane, and cars could easily pass me in the left lane. (Reverse for where you live!) Now they've put in bike lanes, and it doesn't seem as enjoyable for bike riding any more!

(BTW, I'm not saying anything against bike lanes. Often they're the best solution for cyclists. But not always. I hope someday street designers will learn to tell the difference.)

Well, I hope we can hear more about roads people like, with or without cars.

(but without all the arguing and politics so prevalent in other threads recently)