View Single Post
Old 05-17-19, 05:40 PM
allout1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
The seat position was wrong relative to the seatpost and frame. What was right was that this set up put your femur where you felt it needed to be relative to the crank and pedal spindle. Your frame is wrong. You need a longer top tube.
So I have my spare seat post on my bike now, and it has the seat slid back farther than I like. I notice I can't easily get the leverage with the bottoms of my legs to get that high and steady speed I was getting. I can get myself into that position with seat, but I kind of have to scoot back some.

Where the seat was positioned on the last seat post was perfect. I didn't have to slide back any. On this post it's inconvenient, so the position is difficult to maintain, and it's kind of funny because I'm scooting back awkwardly. LOL

The thing about the bike is that it has a more upright rider handle bar set up. It's a wide handle bar, and it is raised fairly high, so that I'm not leaned over into the bullet, aerodynamic position. So essentially I don't want a longer top tube because of this handle bar situation.

Really I'm saying what's going on here, so you have some input, and really is the trick to real biking to have the seat positioned in such position and shaped in such a style where the thighs are catching it in between the thighs? If it is, I've never known this. I never found this in my bike research. It's very effective as in powerful for speed and for consistency. It increases the stamina reliability in my experience.

And all I need to do to take advantage of this leverage is to scoot the seat forward or backward, up or down, until I capture the seat just right between my hamstrings. This much I can figure out. LOL I'm just unsure about whether this technique is common in the field.