Old 10-05-11, 09:12 AM
sknhgy 
Dirt Bomb

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5473 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 239 Posts
Originally Posted by totoroben
go on ebay and look up 7w luxeon flashlight. Organize by price and buy it now. You should be able to buy this LED flashlight with two CR123 batteries and charger for under $30. I have had mine for two years now and it is wonderful. You can also buy a flashlight clamp for $1.50.
Personally, I don't see why anyone would want to use anything but a flashlight as a headlight. Flashlights are convenient, powerful, waterproof, self-contained, robust, and affordable. They snap on and off with one hand so you can quickly remove them if you are locking up your bike to run an errand. If I want to look at something to the side of the road I can grab the flashlight out of its mount and point it where ever I want. It returns just as easily - all with one hand while riding along. Get a $1.50 mount, a charger, and a handfull of 18650 batteries and you are good to go. For contrast, I have my Dinotte 200L hooked up to my mtb and the in-convenience of having a seperate battery pack is very noticeable. Seems like I spend a lot of time baby sitting the Dinotte. My flashilghts are dependable and ready to go when I need them. YMMV